Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Lee Chalupa <lc...@seelink.org> on 2006/02/19 19:17:26 UTC

James - Mailing List identifier

I just joined this mailing list and hope to utilize James. What a great find.

Having just searched to find James, I couldn't agree more about the posts
that are concerned about demonstrating the level of activity in this
project for newcomers. I'll have more to say offer on this subject once I
learn the lay of the land in James.

One other suggestion. I get hundreds of emails in my inbox a day. I
noticed on the apache mailing lists, there is no identifier that helps me
know the message is about James. At the moment it looks like the othe junk
mail I'm getting and will most likely be ignored by me.  Would it be
difficult to append an identifier like 'James' in the subject line when
it's received by the mail server? For example see my subject line.  This
would be very helpful.

Lee Chalupa

Posted by Steve Iolone <st...@gmail.com>.
Lee Chalupa wrote:
> I just joined this mailing list and hope to utilize James. What a great find.
>
> Having just searched to find James, I couldn't agree more about the posts
> that are concerned about demonstrating the level of activity in this
> project for newcomers. I'll have more to say offer on this subject once I
> learn the lay of the land in James.
>
> One other suggestion. I get hundreds of emails in my inbox a day. I
> noticed on the apache mailing lists, there is no identifier that helps me
> know the message is about James. At the moment it looks like the othe junk
> mail I'm getting and will most likely be ignored by me.  Would it be
> difficult to append an identifier like 'James' in the subject line when
> it's received by the mail server? For example see my subject line.  This
> would be very helpful.
>
> Lee Chalupa

  I just filter on the To:server-user@james.apache.org and put it in a
"james" folder (using Thuderbird) ..

Steve

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> I noticed on the apache mailing lists, there is no identifier
> that helps me know the message is about James.

Every ASF list has a List-Id header, e.g.,

You can also filter by address headers.

	--- Noel