Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Divya Gehlot <di...@gmail.com> on 2018/08/07 08:41:34 UTC

how to investigate PAM login issues

Hi,
I have distributed drill (6 nodes) connected to AD and some of the users
are able to connect to drill after multiple tries whereas some are able to
connect in first attempt itself .
Can anybody  please share the best practice to investigate this kind of
issue ?

Thanks,
Divya

Re: Login Failure investigation

Posted by Arjun kr <ar...@outlook.com>.
Do you see any authentication failure message in
/var/log/secure file?

Also you may use pamtester utility to check if you see similar behavior.

# to check sudo profile for user 'user1'
pamtester -v sudo 'user1' 'authenticate'

http://pamtester.sourceforge.net

Hi , Appreciate the help on login failure issues . which login configuration should I enable to get the RCA of some of the users login failures ? Thanks, Divya On Tue, 7 Aug 2018 at 16:41, Divya Gehlot wrote: > Hi, > I have distributed drill (6 nodes) connected to AD and some of the users > are able to connect to drill after multiple tries whereas some are able to > connect in first attempt itself . > Can anybody please share the best practice to investigate this kind of > issue ? > > > Thanks, > Divya >

Login Failure investigation

Posted by Divya Gehlot <di...@gmail.com>.
Hi ,