Posted to users@camel.apache.org by "ben.oday" <be...@initekconsulting.com> on 2011/04/12 17:47:18 UTC

Re: Exceptions thrown by sub-routes and their processing in main route's onException

for common exception handling, just declare it outside of route definitions
to allow them to be shared by all routes/subroutes.

onException(Exception.class)
    .handled(true)
    .to("direct:Z");

from("A")...to("B")...to("C");
from("B")...;
from("C")...;

gregoire wrote:

> So don't know if all these case are normal behaviour. Maybe my question
> is, what is the best design when using onException. Should I put one on
> all my subroutes (what about case 3 ?), or is it a better design to have
> only one onException in my main route.

-----
Ben O'Day
IT Consultant -http://benoday.blogspot.com