Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by James Reynolds <Ja...@ihc.com> on 2005/07/01 20:14:17 UTC

Oracle Drivers that work with Tomcat 5.5.x and Sun Java Studio Creator

I'm using Sun's Java Studio Creator to create a javaserver faces
application that I want to deploy to Tomcat.  If I use the drivers
included with the IDE, Tomcat throws the following error:

javax.servlet.ServletException: javax.faces.FacesException: Can't
instantiate class: 'insertupdatedelete.Page1'.. class
insertupdatedelete.Page1 : javax.faces.FacesException:
org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create JDBC
driver of class '' for connect URL 'null'

If I use Oracle's thin jdbc drivers, the IDE throws an error indicating
that they do not support the PreparedStatement.getMetaDataMethod(),
which prevents the IDE from performing its magic with binding components
to database fields.

Is anyone else using Tomcat, Oracle & Java Studio Creator together?  How
did you do it?

Thanks

Oracle Drivers that work with Tomcat 5.5.x

Posted by Stephen Caine <st...@commongrnd.com>.
James,

> Is anyone else using Tomcat, Oracle & Java Studio Creator
> together?  How did you do it?

We use Qilan, an Mac OS X web application.  We routinely access
Oracle with the Oracle thin class12 JDBC driver via Tomcat.  We have
no problem and are able to connect and run SQL.

Qilan, by the way, generates JSP/SQL using a graphical interface that
is devoid of syntax.  A good thing.

Stephen Caine
CommonGround Softworks, Inc.