Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Shapira, Yoav" <Yo...@mpi.com> on 2003/09/02 15:44:46 UTC

RE: Is server.xml DTD case-sensitive?

Howdy,

>> Also note that server.xml doesn't and can't have a DTD/schema
>I would change "can't have" that to "doesn't have".  There are plenty
of
>extensible xml documents that have dtds - JDO for example.

This is an interesting theoretical argument.  I actually tend to be on
the "can't have" side until convinced otherwise, having tried to come up
with a DTD myself several times in the past.

There's also no serious comparison between the JDO DTD (assuming you're
talking about the jdo.dtd that starts with
<!ELEMENT jdo ((package)+, (extension)*)> ) and server.xml.  Server.xml
and tomcat configuration in general allows for far more flexibility than
JDO -- for example, the ability to place multiple, custom (custom names
and attributes) valves at different levels (under engine, under host,
under context, etc.).

However, I would be very glad to be proven wrong on this issue, and
better yet, be proven wrong with a working server.xml DTD or XSD -- it
would be a great contribution!

Yoav Shapira

This e-mail, including any attachments, is a confidential business communication, and may contain information that is confidential, proprietary and/or privileged.  This e-mail is intended only for the individual(s) to whom it is addressed, and may not be saved, copied, printed, disclosed or used by anyone else.  If you are not the(an) intended recipient, please immediately delete this e-mail from your computer system and notify the sender.  Thank you.