Posted to user@struts.apache.org by andy wix <st...@hotmail.com> on 2004/10/28 09:38:50 UTC

OT: relative versus absolute file path

Hi,

I have some links to sounds in a jsp page that play in the default media
player under windows when the user clicks the link.  This works ok when the
sounds exist under the web context and are referenced as relative paths.
But I now have a requirement to play files that exist at an arbitrary
location on the server (referenced as an absolte path) and when I click them
nothing happens (I think I do see the correct path displayed in the browser
message area - the browser prepends the path with 'file:///' so I see
'file:///c:/xxx/yyy/sound.wav').

Thanks,
Andy