Posted to user@struts.apache.org by chiu alex <al...@hotmail.com> on 2004/03/17 00:55:57 UTC

how to implement such an action?

Hello,everyone,

     I want to implement such an action which is actually activated by
within the meta:refresh tag. (that means it will be called every 30
seconds). What the action need to do is to make some judgements. If it get
true result, it forward to another page, or else it stays at previous page
and do nothing, so user will see no change. Obviously, action need to
remember that page, but I do not know how to put it. I am just a newbie in
struts.
So could you kindly give me some clue to it. Thanks!

Alex

Re: how to implement such an action?

Posted by Geeta Ramani <ge...@cmpco.com>.
Alex:

Your initial page is just a jsp, right?  So why would you not use your action
mapping to say something like if "success then forward to newpage.jsp and if
not forward to samePage.jsp"..?  This will work unless you are using this
refresh action in many pages..? In which case, you will have to "remember the
page" - and that can be done - but if the simpler solution works, that may be
best, especially since you say you are a newbie..:)

Please ignore this note if you have already received emails about your
question: our mail server has been *really* slow recently and I can see no
replies to your question yet..

Regards,
Geeta