Posted to www@couchdb.apache.org by Michelle Phung <mi...@apache.org> on 2016/12/03 01:00:51 UTC

www couchdb testing

Hi everyone,

I’ve been trying to get my visual guide published on the home site, but for some reason the images are not recognized as images when I merge. I didn’t want the broken-ness to stay up so I reverted for now. I have some theories about why but I need to merge it in order to see if it works or not. The code works normally locally, and when it’s served from github-pages so i’m not sure why it’s not working. I don’t want to publish the site with broken images, so I was planning on creating a new folder so i can test my theories, for example, i would be testing them at http://couchdb.apache.org/test-site-folder-here.

I am planning on doing this testing over the weekend, but can hold off to do it on the weeknights if there are objections.

Is there an alternative way to test to see if it will work? testing on live site seems so wrong.

Also I think it would be cool if we had a neat 404 page. If anyone has suggestions for something i can try to make it. Or we could make all of suggestions then show a different one when people get there if there are a lot of ideas.

-michelle

Re: www couchdb testing

Posted by Paul Davis <pa...@gmail.com>.
For testing, I say go for it.

For the 404 page:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1119/561909021_da1b5c6912.jpg

With a subtitle: "The page you were looking for is probably in there
somewhere, but we can't find it right now."

Re: www couchdb testing

Posted by Paul Davis <pa...@gmail.com>.
For testing, I say go for it.