Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Praveen Bysani <pr...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/29 11:15:20 UTC

Reg: Can Pig Fly ?

Hi,

I am just wondering if there is any project that can boost the execution
times of PIG scripts through in memory computing or any other possible way.
Just like there is Shark/IMPALA for Hive, are there similar works done for
PIG ?

Praveen Bysani
http://www.praveenbysani.com

Re: Reg: Can Pig Fly ?

Posted by Praveen Bysani <pr...@gmail.com>.
Thank you.

On 1 May 2013 12:13, Cheolsoo Park <pi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Apparently, Twitter is doing some experiment running Pig on Spark:
> https://twitter.com/squarecog/status/319582090012262400
>

> On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 2:15 AM, Praveen Bysani <praveen.iiith@gmail.com
> >wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am just wondering if there is any project that can boost the execution
> > times of PIG scripts through in memory computing or any other possible
> way.
> > Just like there is Shark/IMPALA for Hive, are there similar works done
> for
> > PIG ?
> >
> > --
> > Regards,