Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/16 19:56:09 UTC

reworking the website?

Hi guys,

trying to work on the website ATM, created a placeholder project on my
github to share the idea: https://github.com/rmannibucau/site-tomee-ng
(mvn jbake:inline then go on http://localhost:8080).

Idea is:

- get a more modern website
- restructure the doc to be more hierarchic and browsable
- get rid of the outdated doc
- make it easier to PR on github

If encouraged I would like to still use the CMS as storing/publishing
solution but not generation (the edit feature is broken and not that
user friendly when you are not a committer and when you are you don't
really need).

wdyt?

Romain Manni-Bucau
@rmannibucau |  Blog | Github | LinkedIn | Tomitriber

Re: reworking the website?

Posted by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com>.
No I'm fine with that

--
Jean-Louis Monteiro
http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro

Re: reworking the website?

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hey guys

Re: reworking the website?

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

)

Re: reworking the website?

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.
Looking great!

Re: reworking the website?

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Re: reworking the website?

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chris

écrit :

> Speaking as a reasonably-well-informed user of TomEE, who has been into
the
> code, but who is still very much an outsider, I would say that
documentation
> is probably the biggest obstacle to wider uptake. It's a project I would
be
> happy to work on. I'm willing to put the work in to do some serious
writing.

> Before we talk about documentation workflow, git vs other models, CMSes,
> etc., I think there are some much more basic questions to address:
>
> -- Who is the intended audience for each major portion of the
documentation?

I d say people not able to go to code and in that category 2 subcategories:
admin and dev.

> -- For TomEE Components that are not owned by this project (e.g., Tomcat,
> cxf, JMS, etc.), how shall our documentation interact with that
component's
> "native" documentation? By reference? By duplication? Other?

Reference + enrichment when needed. Really against duplication.

> -- What are the major reference topics that need to be covered? (For
> example, Contexts, Classloaders, Configuration, Testing, Embedded, etc)?

Idea was to start with some basics and add info depending the list
questions.

> -- What are the major tutorial or "how-to" threads that need to be
covered?

Same there. Should also probably consider rework very hard examples to make
them useful and more explicit (arquillian website is a great example there).

Re: reworking the website?

Re: reworking the website?

Posted by Alex Soto <as...@gmail.com>.
Hehehe As I said I am very bad, the truth is that I won't be able to do
anything useful :D

El dt., 5 abr. 2016 a les 9:51, Romain Manni-Bucau (<rm...@gmail.com>)
va escriure:

Re: reworking the website?

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Re: reworking the website?

Posted by Alex Soto <as...@gmail.com>.

Re: reworking the website?

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
done

Re: reworking the website?

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Re: reworking the website?

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Re: reworking the website?

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Rafael,

Re: reworking the website?

Posted by Rafael Pestano <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Romain,

Re: reworking the website?

Posted by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com>.

Re: reworking the website?

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi guys,

Re: reworking the website?

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Re: reworking the website?

Posted by Robert Panzer <rp...@tomitribe.com>.
Hi,

Re: reworking the website?

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.
Sounds interesting! Going to take a look over the next couple of days.

Jon