Posted to user@struts.apache.org by aum strut <au...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/05 18:46:24 UTC

Struts2 and tag

Hi All,

I want to use display tag for displaying the data i have put the
displaytag.jar file in the lib folder.
i have an action class which is returnig the required data in an array list

*

public* ArrayList<ItemTypeBean> getItemCodeList() {

*return* itemCodeList;

}

i am trying to use the display table tag* *in my jsp in the following manner

<s:set value="itemCodeList" scope="request" name="itemCodeList"/>

<display:table name="itemCodeList" id="itemCodeList" pagesize="5">

<display:column property="TypeCode" sortable="true" title="Item Code"/>

<display:column property="TypeName" sortable="true" title="Item Name" ></
display:column>

</display:table>

i have also imported the displaytag* in my jsp in the following way*

<%@ taglib uri="http://displaytag.sf.net" prefix="display" %>

but on adding this it is giving exception and i will remove this taglib
eveything is working fine yes the data is not being displyed

if any body have any idea how to configure display tag in struts2 pleaes
provider the pointer towards this.

any help in this regard will be much appriciated.

aum

**

Re: [OT] Re: Struts2 and tag

Posted by Gabriel Belingueres <be...@gmail.com>.
Seems you missed to add the Apache Commons Lang library jar file.

I have projects running with displaytag 1.1.1 and commons-lang 2.3.
(Don't know if the last 2.4 version work though.)

Gabriel

Re: [OT] Re: Struts2 and tag

Posted by Jeromy Evans <je...@blueskyminds.com.au>.
arum,

Read this *entire* page paying particular attention to point 2
"dependencies":

http://displaytag.sourceforge.net/11/install.html

A ClassNotFoundException always implies you're missing a jar in the
classpath.

Re: [OT] Re: Struts2 and tag

Posted by aum strut <au...@gmail.com>.
thanks dave for the help iwill look in to this and will try to find out the
clue

Re: [OT] Re: Struts2 and tag

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.

Re: [OT] Re: Struts2 and tag

Posted by aum strut <au...@gmail.com>.

Re: [OT] Re: Struts2 and tag

Posted by "Alberto A. Flores" <aa...@gmail.com>.
Please note:

Re: [OT] Re: Struts2 and tag

Posted by aum strut <au...@gmail.com>.

[OT] Re: Struts2 and tag

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.

Re: Struts2 and tag

Posted by aum strut <au...@gmail.com>.
here is the exception which i am facing

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: *org/apache/commons/lang/UnhandledException
*

at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors0(*Native Method*)

at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at java.beans.Introspector.instantiate(Unknown Source)

at java.beans.Introspector.findExplicitBeanInfo(Unknown Source)

at java.beans.Introspector.<init>(Unknown Source)

at java.beans.Introspector.getBeanInfo(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Generator$TagHandlerInfo.<init>(*
Generator.java:3822*)

at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Generator$GenerateVisitor.getTagHandlerInfo(*
Generator.java:2112*)

at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Generator$GenerateVisitor.visit(*
Generator.java:1601*)

at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Node$CustomTag.accept(*Node.java:1507*)

at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Node$Nodes.visit(*Node.java:2336*)

at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Node$Visitor.visitBody(*Node.java:2386*)

at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Node$Visitor.visit(*Node.java:2392*)

at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Node$Root.accept(*Node.java:489*)

at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Node$Nodes.visit(*Node.java:2336*)

at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Generator.generate(*Generator.java:3374*)

at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.generateJava(*Compiler.java:210*)

at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(*Compiler.java:306*)

at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(*Compiler.java:286*)

at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(*Compiler.java:273*)

at org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(*
JspCompilationContext.java:566*)

at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(*
JspServletWrapper.java:317*)

at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(*JspServlet.java:320*
)

at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(*JspServlet.java:266*)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(*HttpServlet.java:803*)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(*
ApplicationFilterChain.java:290*)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(*
ApplicationFilterChain.java:206*)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(*
ApplicationDispatcher.java:654*)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.processRequest(*
ApplicationDispatcher.java:445*)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward(*
ApplicationDispatcher.java:379*)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward(*
ApplicationDispatcher.java:292*)

at org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.ServletDispatcherResult.doExecute(*
ServletDispatcherResult.java:139*)

at org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.StrutsResultSupport.execute(*
StrutsResultSupport.java:178*)

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.executeResult(*
DefaultActionInvocation.java:348*)

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(*
DefaultActionInvocation.java:253*)

at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.DefaultWorkflowInterceptor.doIntercept(*
DefaultWorkflowInterceptor.java:221*)

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.MethodFilterInterceptor.intercept(*
MethodFilterInterceptor.java:86*)

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(*
DefaultActionInvocation.java:224*)

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(*
DefaultActionInvocation.java:223*)

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.profiling.UtilTimerStack.profile(*
UtilTimerStack.java:455*)

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(*
DefaultActionInvocation.java:221*)

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.validator.ValidationInterceptor.doIntercept(*
ValidationInterceptor.java:150*)

at
org.apache.struts2.interceptor.validation.AnnotationValidationInterceptor.doIntercept(
*AnnotationValidationInterceptor.java:48*)

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.MethodFilterInterceptor.intercept(*
MethodFilterInterceptor.java:86*)

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(*
DefaultActionInvocation.java:224*)

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(*
DefaultActionInvocation.java:223*)

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.profiling.UtilTimerStack.profile(*
UtilTimerStack.java:455*)

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(*
DefaultActionInvocation.java:221*)

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.ConversionErrorInterceptor.intercept(
*ConversionErrorInterceptor.java:123*)

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(*
DefaultActionInvocation.java:224*)

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(*
DefaultActionInvocation.java:223*)

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.profiling.UtilTimerStack.profile(*
UtilTimerStack.java:455*)

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(*
DefaultActionInvocation.java:221*)

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.ParametersInterceptor.doIntercept(*
ParametersInterceptor.java:167*)

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.MethodFilterInterceptor.intercept(*
MethodFilterInterceptor.java:86*)

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(*
DefaultActionInvocation.java:224*)

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(*
DefaultActionInvocation.java:223*)

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.profiling.UtilTimerStack.profile(*
UtilTimerStack.java:455*)

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(*
DefaultActionInvocation.java:221*)

at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.StaticParametersInterceptor.intercept(*
StaticParametersInterceptor.java:105*)

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(*
DefaultActionInvocation.java:224*)

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(*
DefaultActionInvocation.java:223*)

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.profiling.UtilTimerStack.profile(*
UtilTimerStack.java:455*)

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(*
DefaultActionInvocation.java:221*)

at org.apache.struts2.interceptor.CheckboxInterceptor.intercept(*
CheckboxInterceptor.java:83*)

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(*
DefaultActionInvocation.java:224*)

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(*
DefaultActionInvocation.java:223*)

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.profiling.UtilTimerStack.profile(*
UtilTimerStack.java:455*)

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(*
DefaultActionInvocation.java:221*)

at org.apache.struts2.interceptor.FileUploadInterceptor.intercept(*
FileUploadInterceptor.java:207*)

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(*
DefaultActionInvocation.java:224*)

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(*
DefaultActionInvocation.java:223*)

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.profiling.UtilTimerStack.profile(*
UtilTimerStack.java:455*)

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(*
DefaultActionInvocation.java:221*)

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.ModelDrivenInterceptor.intercept(*
ModelDrivenInterceptor.java:74*)

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(*
DefaultActionInvocation.java:224*)

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(*
DefaultActionInvocation.java:223*)

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.profiling.UtilTimerStack.profile(*
UtilTimerStack.java:455*)

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(*
DefaultActionInvocation.java:221*)

at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.ScopedModelDrivenInterceptor.intercept(*
ScopedModelDrivenInterceptor.java:127*)

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(*
DefaultActionInvocation.java:224*)

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(*
DefaultActionInvocation.java:223*)

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.profiling.UtilTimerStack.profile(*
UtilTimerStack.java:455*)

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(*
DefaultActionInvocation.java:221*)

at org.apache.struts2.interceptor.ProfilingActivationInterceptor.intercept(*
ProfilingActivationInterceptor.java:107*)

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(*
DefaultActionInvocation.java:224*)

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(*
DefaultActionInvocation.java:223*)

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.profiling.UtilTimerStack.profile(*
UtilTimerStack.java:455*)

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(*
DefaultActionInvocation.java:221*)

at org.apache.struts2.interceptor.debugging.DebuggingInterceptor.intercept(*
DebuggingInterceptor.java:206*)

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(*
DefaultActionInvocation.java:224*)

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(*
DefaultActionInvocation.java:223*)

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.profiling.UtilTimerStack.profile(*
UtilTimerStack.java:455*)

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(*
DefaultActionInvocation.java:221*)

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.ChainingInterceptor.intercept(*
ChainingInterceptor.java:115*)

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(*
DefaultActionInvocation.java:224*)

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(*
DefaultActionInvocation.java:223*)

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.profiling.UtilTimerStack.profile(*
UtilTimerStack.java:455*)

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(*
DefaultActionInvocation.java:221*)

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.I18nInterceptor.intercept(*
I18nInterceptor.java:143*)

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(*
DefaultActionInvocation.java:224*)

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(*
DefaultActionInvocation.java:223*)

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.profiling.UtilTimerStack.profile(*
UtilTimerStack.java:455*)

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(*
DefaultActionInvocation.java:221*)

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.PrepareInterceptor.doIntercept(*
PrepareInterceptor.java:121*)

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.MethodFilterInterceptor.intercept(*
MethodFilterInterceptor.java:86*)

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(*
DefaultActionInvocation.java:224*)

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(*
DefaultActionInvocation.java:223*)

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.profiling.UtilTimerStack.profile(*
UtilTimerStack.java:455*)

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(*
DefaultActionInvocation.java:221*)

at org.apache.struts2.interceptor.ServletConfigInterceptor.intercept(*
ServletConfigInterceptor.java:170*)

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(*
DefaultActionInvocation.java:224*)

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(*
DefaultActionInvocation.java:223*)

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.profiling.UtilTimerStack.profile(*
UtilTimerStack.java:455*)

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(*
DefaultActionInvocation.java:221*)

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.AliasInterceptor.intercept(*
AliasInterceptor.java:123*)

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(*
DefaultActionInvocation.java:224*)

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(*
DefaultActionInvocation.java:223*)

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.profiling.UtilTimerStack.profile(*
UtilTimerStack.java:455*)

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(*
DefaultActionInvocation.java:221*)

at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.ExceptionMappingInterceptor.intercept(*
ExceptionMappingInterceptor.java:176*)

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(*
DefaultActionInvocation.java:224*)

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(*
DefaultActionInvocation.java:223*)

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.profiling.UtilTimerStack.profile(*
UtilTimerStack.java:455*)

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(*
DefaultActionInvocation.java:221*)

at org.apache.struts2.impl.StrutsActionProxy.execute(*
StrutsActionProxy.java:50*)

at org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.Dispatcher.serviceAction(*
Dispatcher.java:504*)

at org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.FilterDispatcher.doFilter(*
FilterDispatcher.java:419*)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(*
ApplicationFilterChain.java:235*)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(*
ApplicationFilterChain.java:206*)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(*
StandardWrapperValve.java:230*)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(*
StandardContextValve.java:175*)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(*
StandardHostValve.java:128*)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(*
ErrorReportValve.java:104*)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(*
StandardEngineValve.java:109*)

at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(*
CoyoteAdapter.java:261*)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(*
Http11Processor.java:844*)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(*
Http11Protocol.java:581*)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(*JIoEndpoint.java:447*)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Apr 5, 2008 10:36:52 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve invoke

SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet default threw exception

[...]

but if i will remove this tag lib directive

<%@ taglib uri="http://displaytag.sf.net" prefix="display" %>
from the JSP pag everything is working fine.

--aum

Re: Struts2 and tag

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.