Posted to dev@tez.apache.org by Andre Kelpe <ak...@concurrentinc.com> on 2015/03/02 16:56:45 UTC

backport of TEZ-1661 to 0.6?

Hi,

as part of the effort of running all of Cascading on Tez we are also
making sure that Lingual, our SQL for Cascading project works fine
with Tez. We have a pretty big test suite of real world SQL queries to
test the correct behaviur. We are using the local runner for those and
we keep on running into TEZ-1661
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TEZ-1661). I was wondering if
there was a chance to get that backported to the the 0.6 branch.
Should I just open a JIRA for that? Next to that, I was wondering when
0.6.1 is scheduled for release.

Thanks!

- André

--
André Kelpe
andre@concurrentinc.com

Re: backport of TEZ-1661 to 0.6?

Posted by Andre Kelpe <ak...@concurrentinc.com>.
On Mon, Mar 2, 2015 at 5:38 PM, Jonathan Eagles <je...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi André.
>
> It's always great to get feedback on Tez, especially how it can be
> made better for our users. I'd be happy to pull this issue back to 0.6
> branch.

That's great, thanks!

> As to  the 0.6.1 release timeline, the community has been working
> furiously for the past several weeks to prepare for the upcoming 0.6.1
> release. You can expect to see an email about this towards the end of
> this week or early next week with the discussion to prepare for the
> 0.6.1 release.

Cool, I will watch the list then.

> Jon

- André

--
André Kelpe
andre@concurrentinc.com

Re: backport of TEZ-1661 to 0.6?

Posted by Andre Kelpe <ak...@concurrentinc.com>.
On Mon, Mar 2, 2015 at 5:38 PM, Jonathan Eagles <je...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi André.
>
> It's always great to get feedback on Tez, especially how it can be
> made better for our users. I'd be happy to pull this issue back to 0.6
> branch.

One more thing: Are you going to publish SNAPSHOT builds of the 0.6
branch? I can create my own, but it is a lot easier to just point to
the snapshot maven repo on our CI server.

Thanks!

- André

--
André Kelpe