Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com> on 2006/01/17 17:00:04 UTC

[maven] Major update to SVN (Again)

I think we're finished with the major updates to the SVN structure.  I
reorganized things to try to accomodate as many of the community
preferences as possible.  Here are the results:

1.) (Bernd) Api and impl have been consolidated into a single core
dir.  Since both will always be released together they should share
the same trunk/tags/branches.  This also makes it easier to assemble a
single tarball with both api and impl.

2.) (Bernd) Sandbox has been moved to beneath tomahawk since sandbox
is really just tomahawk stuff that is not yet ready for prime time.
Also, sandbox has a dependency on tomahawk so it makes sense from a
maven perspective.

3.) (Jon) I added a top level pom.xml in current.  So you can checkout
current and run mvn install on the checkout dir and everything builds.

4.) (Sean) There is a master pom inside the maven suproject.  This way
we can keep a single list of contributors, mailing lists, etc.

There are a few other minor maven-related changes that you will
discover if you go looking.  I am pretty happy with the outcome.
Everything is clean and well organized.  The only controversial
decision was the short names and that can be revisited without
affecting how our users use the public repository.

Now I'm going to update the Maven Migration wiki[1].  Please feel free
to volunteer for some of the remaining steps and to add new steps of
your own.

Sean

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/Maven2_Migration

Re: [maven] Major update to SVN (Again)

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.
Thanks also to Bernd and Bruno for their pom work and to John and
Wendy for their suggestions.

Sean

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.