Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Eric Chu <ec...@rocketfuel.com> on 2013/02/26 20:38:34 UTC

installing hive-0.10.0 from source

Hi,

I tried to build Hive0.10.0 from source by doing the following:

svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hive/trunk hive

sudo ant package

It built fine and I got the dist folder as expected, but inside that folder
the RELEASE_NOTES.txt says the version is 0.8.0.

How do I get 0.10.0 source? I'm looking at
https://github.com/apache/hivenow but the instruction there points
back to
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/GettingStarted

Thanks,

Eric

Re: installing hive-0.10.0 from source

Posted by Lefty Leverenz <le...@hortonworks.com>.
In a fresh checkout today, I found identical RELEASE_NOTES.txt files in
four Hive branches:

   - branch-0.8-r2
   - branch-0.10
   - ptf-windowing
   - trunk

Branch 0.9's release notes are updated, but branch 0.10 still has the
release notes from branch 0.8-r2.

So I've opened a JIRA:  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-4107 --
Update Hive 0.10.0 RELEASE_NOTES.txt.

– Lefty Leverenz