Posted to dev@oodt.apache.org by Tom Barber <to...@meteorite.bi> on 2014/03/17 21:38:37 UTC

Query Tool Deprecation

Hi guys

I want to look at querying the filemgr, but I look at the querytool
source and its been deprecated. Whats its replacement?

Thanks

Tom
--
*Tom Barber* | Technical Director

meteorite bi
*T:* +44 20 8133 3730
*W:* www.meteorite.bi | *Skype:* meteorite.consulting
*A:* Surrey Technology Centre, Surrey Research Park, Guildford, GU2 7YG, UK

Re: Query Tool Deprecation

Posted by Cameron Goodale <si...@gmail.com>.
Tom,

TLDR:  Run ./filemgr-client and review the long list of options.  -sql and
-lucene are in there to replace the query tool.  Below is a detailed list
of how I checked this.

The longer version:
==============

I *think* that the OODT 'cli' module was going to unify all of the Command
Line Interfaces to the OODT components.

The README for cli is here:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/oodt/trunk/cli/README.txt

The latest filemgr-client script (0.7-SNAPSHOT) depends on the cli
component, and requires a cmd-line-options.xml and cmd-line-actions.xml.

I just updated my local checkout to the latest version and ran:

$ cd oodt/trunk
$ mvn clean install
$ cd filemgr
$ mvn clean install
$ cd target
$ tar -zxvf cas-filemgr-0.7-SNAPSHOT-dist.tar.gz  # This will just untar
the dist in place for testing purposes
$ cd cas-filemgr-0.7-SNAPSHOT/bin/
$ vi filemgr-client  # Need to set $JAVA_HOME, etc...
$ ./filemgr-client

| Short | Long                                             | Description

 -op,    --operation                                        Declare that
you wish to present an operation
   SubOptions:
   > Required:
   > Optional:
      -addPT, --addProductType                              Triggers
addProductType Action
-sql,   --sqlQuery                                    Triggers sqlQuery
Action
                                                              Requirement
Rules:
                                                               [sqlQuery :
REQUIRED]
      -dmet,  --dumpMetadata                                Triggers
dumpMetadata Action
                                                              Requirement
Rules:

 [dumpMetadata : REQUIRED]
      -lucene,--luceneQuery                                 Triggers
luceneQuery Action
                                                              Requirement
Rules:
                                                               [luceneQuery
: REQUIRED]

So Tom i think those cli options (-sql, or -lucene) are the replacements
for query_tool.

-Cameron

--

Sent from a Tin Can attached to a String