Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Thomas Kellerer <sp...@gmx.net> on 2007/09/02 20:16:06 UTC

Missing functions?

Hello,

I just went through the manual over and over again, but either I'm blinded by
something or it simply isn't there.

I was looking for two functions

1) replace() (the usual thing as known e.g. from Java's replaceAll() but not
necessarily with Regex)

2) a char() function that returns the character that maps to the given integer.
char(10) would return a newline (\n) char(9) a tab character etc. As far as I
can tell char(10) in Derby returns "10"

Am I missing something, or do these (standard) functions indeed not exist?

Regards
Thomas

Re: Missing functions?

Posted by Bryan Pendleton <bp...@amberpoint.com>.
> I was looking for two functions

One possibility is to write these functions yourself, using
Derby's functionality for writing extension functions in Java:
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbySQLroutines#head-a33ab58dd138ca35ee2ada0551ad77d0feee1b79

thanks,

bryan