Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by "Pier P. Fumagalli" <pi...@apache.org> on 2000/04/27 08:40:03 UTC

JDOM and Thank You :)

I've spent a nice evening listening to Jason Hunter and Brett
McLaughlin's talk at the Mountain View Java User's Group about their
idea of JDOM.
What's JDOM? A smarter way (designed and specifically optimized for
Java) to handle XML data.
Since I really enjoyed their talk (trying - unsuccessfully - to play the
devil's advocate for the whole evening) and I think they come up with a
good API, I would suggest to all those interested in dealing w/ XML data
and DOMs to take a look at <http://www.jdom.org/> and to help those two
out with some feedback (and maybe some code? it's not that hard?).
Have fun :) :)

	Pier

<ma...@betaversion.org>      <http://www.betaversin.org/~pier/>

Re: JDOM and Thank You :)

Posted by Ross Burton <ro...@mail.com>.
I presume somebody will write the Cocoon 2 glue for JDOM, just as the
traditional DOM has the DOMBuilder glue?

Ross

Re: Problems with mod_jserv v12

Posted by Jean-Luc Rochat <jn...@cybercable.fr>.
Antonio Merighi wrote:

> I try to guess the differences between mod_jserv.c v.1.48 and v.1.47 in
> JServ repository throw Web CSV, but I can't find any changes.
> Where is my error? I would like to know how mod_jserv.c is changed for
> all.
> Bye
> Antonio
>
> > This has been fixed in JServ repository. I'll do the same in Jakarta's
> > repo ASAP.

Thanks. I'll resubmit it. I always try it and then copy it in another
CVS repo at home before checking it in.
Missed the copy probably ...
Jean-Luc

Re: Problems with mod_jserv v12

Posted by Antonio Merighi <me...@mail.eng.it>.

Posted by Jean-Luc Rochat <jn...@cybercable.fr>.

Posted by Jean-Luc Rochat <jn...@cybercable.fr>.

Problems with mod_jserv v12

Posted by Antonio Merighi <me...@mail.eng.it>.
[...]

below into the function jserv_server_config_merge in mod_jserv.c and all is
ok.

    /*A&M changes made to export env vars defined in virtual host (like
https) */
    cfg->envvars = base->envvars;

    if (!ap_is_empty_table(override->envvars)) {
        int i;
        array_header *hdr_arr;
        table_entry *elts;

        hdr_arr = ap_table_elts(override->envvars);
        elts = (table_entry *) hdr_arr->elts;

        for (i = 0; i < hdr_arr->nelts; ++i) {
            if (!elts[i].key) continue;
            if (!elts[i].val) continue;

            ap_table_add(cfg->envvars, ap_pstrdup(p,elts[i].key),
ap_pstrdup(p,elts[i].val));

            /* A&M
            jserv_error(JSERV_LOG_INFO,cfg,"ajp12: added env var %s %s
",elts[i].key, elts[i].val);
            */
        }
    }

    /* end changes made by us */

What we think is that when there are virtual hosts, apache try to construct
a new
configuration environment for each one, but in the code there aren't a
command to
add the definitions given bye ApJServEnvVar, so we put it.
If somebody think this is correct and userfull, please let us know.
Thank you all.
Antonio and Marcello.