Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Dave Shaw <da...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/01 16:07:57 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] SSI question

On 2/29/16, Yehuda Katz <ye...@ymkatz.net> wrote:

> The per-user error log in cPanel - and likely other control panels - is not
> always accurate and you may need to check the main server error log.

So the error that's arising from
     <!--#include virtual="/some.html" -->
is the following:
     [date][error[client IP] unable to include "/some.html" in parsed
file a.shtml, referer: URL
Again please note this include statement works fine until this [sub]
directory is password protected.

As you're able to make this work at your end I'm thinking either the
commercial server is configured in a way I don't understand, or I'm
overlooking something obvious...