Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Mooslechner Martin <ma...@siemens.at> on 2001/11/08 13:48:16 UTC

Turbine w/ Sun's Forte for Java

Hi,

Does anyone have experience how to build Turbine applications with Sun's
Forte for Java?

some questions that arise:
e.g.
is it possible to build a turbine app with Forte?
what class should the "project main class" be set to?
where should the jar files (provided with Turbine) go?

thank you for your time...

Martin Mooslechner
martin.mooslechner@siemens.at

Re: Turbine w/ Sun's Forte for Java

Posted by John Colvin <jc...@openconnect.co.uk>.
Hi
I use Forte very successfully with turbine.

Simply create you new turbine project following the tdk documentation, when
you have done this simply
create a new project in forte with the base directory as your webapp
directory which turbine created. Then you can use the build.xml  through
forte's local ant installation  to run ant init and compile your turbine
application, though in build.properties I had to change my relative links to
absolute.

This works also using Forte's build in tomcat server also.

The jar's should be placed in the WEB-INF/lib directory as usual.

Rgrds
John

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
> For additional commands, e-mail: