Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Jeff Trawick <tr...@attglobal.net> on 2004/05/28 02:00:06 UTC

Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/server log.c

trawick@apache.org wrote:
> trawick     2004/05/27 16:35:41
>
>   Modified:    .        CHANGES
>                server   log.c
>   Log:
>   Pass environment variables through to piped loggers, resolving
>   a regression since 1.3.

There's another regression that intersects with this same commit: We stopped
invoking piped loggers via the shell, breaking some infrequently used features.
  With existing APR, I could change APR_PROGRAM->APR_SHELLCMD to fix one
regression, or change APR_PROGRAM->APR_PROGRAM_ENV to fix this one.  This one
seemed more difficult to work-around on the part of the user.  For the long
term I'll add APR_SHELLCMD_ENV to the invocation flavors supported by
apr_proc_create() in order to resolve both regressions (i.e., be able to invoke
via the shell and at the same time preserve the parent process's environment
variables).