Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Miroslav Nachev <m....@prosyst.bg> on 2008/10/16 08:57:35 UTC

How to get the local repository directory

Hi,

I am trying to get the local repository directory with "localRepository"
parameter but the result is not the expected:
    [local] -> file://C:\Documents and Settings\miroslav\.m2\repository
The problem is that before the directory there is a prefix "[local] ->
file://" which is the problem.
Any ideas and help? Thank you in advance.

I need of the local repository directory because I would like to start
one ant script where I am using "<if>" condition and for that condition
I need of third party library "ant-contrib" which I must declare in
<taskdef> tag. To do that in "maven-antrun-plugin" I am using
dependencies like that:
            <dependency>
                <groupId>ant-contrib</groupId>
                <artifactId>ant-contrib</artifactId>
                <version>20020829</version>
            </dependency>
This guarantee that the library will be in the local repository. Then I
have to use the local repository and taskdef to put on the class path
this library to be able to use <if> condition.

Is there another way for that? Can I replace "if" condition with
something else?

Regards,
Miro.

Re: How to get the local repository directory

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
Try ${settings.localRepository} instead.

- Brett

On 16/10/2008, at 5:57 PM, Miroslav Nachev wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to get the local repository directory with
> "localRepository" parameter but the result is not the expected:
>   [local] -> file://C:\Documents and Settings\miroslav\.m2\repository
> The problem is that before the directory there is a prefix "[local] -
> > file://" which is the problem.
> Any ideas and help? Thank you in advance.
>
> I need of the local repository directory because I would like to
> start one ant script where I am using "<if>" condition and for that
> condition I need of third party library "ant-contrib" which I must
> declare in <taskdef> tag. To do that in "maven-antrun-plugin" I am
> using dependencies like that:
>           <dependency>
>               <groupId>ant-contrib</groupId>
>               <artifactId>ant-contrib</artifactId>
>               <version>20020829</version>
>           </dependency>
> This guarantee that the library will be in the local repository.
> Then I have to use the local repository and taskdef to put on the
> class path this library to be able to use <if> condition.
>
> Is there another way for that? Can I replace "if" condition with
> something else?
>

> Regards,
> Miro.

Brett Porter