Posted to hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Mohanadarshan Vivekanandalingam <mo...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/26 09:49:38 UTC

.Staging directory permission resets

Hi All,

I am new to hadoop and trying some samples related to that.. Here I have
created an hadoop (hadoop-1.0.4) cluster in a single machine and ran an
hadoop job. At this time Igot the below exception

java.io.IOException: The ownership/permissions on the staging directory
hdfs://localhost:8120/tmp/mapred/staging/mohan/.staging is not as expected.
It is owned by mohan and permissions are rwxr-xr-x. The directory must be
owned by the submitter mohan or by mohan and permissions must be rwx------
        at
org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.JobSubmissionFiles.getStagingDir(JobSubmissionFiles.java:108)

        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient$2.run(JobClient.java:798)
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient$2.run(JobClient.java:792)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1123)

        at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.submitJobInternal(JobClient.java:792)
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.submitJob(JobClient.java:766)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.ExecDriver.execute(ExecDriver.java:458)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.MapRedTask.execute(MapRedTask.java:136)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.Task.executeTask(Task.java:133)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.TaskRunner.runSequential(TaskRunner.java:57)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.launchTask(Driver.java:1351)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.execute(Driver.java:1126)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.run(Driver.java:934)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.service.HiveServer$HiveServerHandler.execute(HiveServer.java:201)

        at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.jdbc.HiveStatement.executeQuery(HiveStatement.java:187)

Then, I have changed the permission to rwx------ using command: hadoop dfs
-chmod. Then hadoop job work fine.. But when restarting the cluster
.staging directory permission changes again rwxr-xr-x. Then I need to
change the permission again..

Is there any solution for this.. Are there any possible reasons for this
behaviour.. Please help..

Thanks in advance..

Regards,
Mohan