Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by "Thamm, Russell" <ru...@dsto.defence.gov.au> on 2005/09/08 08:12:43 UTC

Running Slide under Jetty

Hi,

I wonder if someone would be kind enough to help me configure Slide to run under Jetty.

I am running eXist under Jetty and want to add slide to the configuration.

So I added slide.war and slide-doc.war from jakarta-slide-server-bin-2.1.aip to the directory:

C:\Program Files\exist\tools\jetty\webapps

I uncommented the section in the Jetty.conf that causes jetty to use the Web Applications
in the webapps directory.

I restarted Jetty and can access both slide and slide-doc.

Fine so far.

Now I wanted to enable authentication and did the following

1. Replaced slide.war with the one from the slide-tomcat distribution.
2. Modified jetty.xml as follows:

<Call name="addRealm">
  <Arg>
    <New class="org.mortbay.http.HashUserRealm">
      <Arg>Slide DAV Server</Arg>
      <Arg>./slideusers.properties</Arg>
    </New>
  </Arg>
</Call>

<Call name="addWebApplication">
  <Arg>/slide</Arg>
  <Arg><SystemProperty name="jetty.home" default="."/>/webapps/slide.jar</Arg>
  <Set name="Realm">
    <New class="org.mortbay.http.HashUserRealm">
      <Set name="Name">Slide DAV Server</Set>
    </New>
  </Set>
</Call>

Recommented the "addWebApplications" entry.

3. Created slideuser.properties:

root: root,root

4. Restarted Jetty.

Now I am prompted me for credentials when I try to access slide. But the credentials (root,root) are rejected.

Am I on the right track or am I totally off the planet?

Thanks
Russell Thamm