Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by sc...@asia.com on 2010/07/26 16:16:35 UTC

2 type of docs in same schema?

 I need you expertise on this one...

We would like to index every search query that is passed in our solr engine (same core)

Our docs format are like this (already in our schema):
title
content
price
category
etc...

Now how to add "search queries" as a field in our schema? Know that the search queries won't have all the field above?
For example:
q=bmw car
q=car wheels
q=moto honda
etc...

Should we run an other core that only index search queries? or is there a way to do this with same instance and same core?

Thanks for your help

Re: 2 type of docs in same schema?

Posted by Geert-Jan Brits <gb...@gmail.com>.
I still assume that what you mean by "search queries data" is just some
other form of document (in this case containing 1 seach-request per
document)
I'm not sure what you intend to do by that actually, but yes indexing stays
the same (you probably want to mark field "type" as required so you don't
forget to include in in your indexing-program)

Posted by sc...@asia.com.

Posted by Geert-Jan Brits <gb...@gmail.com>.