Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Andy Chu <an...@gmail.com> on 2005/09/07 03:46:30 UTC

How to keep the scroll position of a page ?

Dear All,

Suppose now there is a form in the middle of a page. A user should scroll
down to the form and fill it in. When he/she submitted the form, the system
will redirect the same page with some response near the form to him/her.
Because the browser receive a new page, it renders the page again. The user
should scroll down again and see the form.

My question is :
Is it possible keep the scroll bar position when the form is submitted and
scroll to the position where it is submitted before ?

Thank you very much.
Best wishes,
Andy

--
我是天空裡的一片雲
偶爾投影在妳的波心

----偶然.徐志摩

Re: How to keep the scroll position of a page ?

Posted by Geoff Longman <gl...@gmail.com>.
Look at the Tacos tree component. It uses javascript to remember the
scroll position in the y axis and more javascript to ensure the page
is scrolled bakc to that position.

Geoff

--
The Spindle guy.           http://spindle.sf.net
Get help with Spindle:

Re: How to keep the scroll position of a page ?

Posted by Dr Paul Gorman <dr...@gmail.com>.
Yes it is :-)