Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Jeremy Quinn <je...@apache.org> on 2006/11/20 15:25:37 UTC

Re: svn commit: r477161 - in /cocoon: branches/BRANCH_2_1_X/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/flow/javascript/fom/ branches/BRANCH_2_1_X/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/servlet/multipart/ branches/BRANCH_2_1_X/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/xml/ branches/BRANCH...

Hi Guys and Gals

On 20 Nov 2006, at 12:25, jeremy@apache.org wrote:

> Log:
> A progress bar widget for file-upload fields + support:
> MultipartParser: writes real-time upload status to the user's Session.
> FOM_JavaScriptInterpreter: can now call namespaced Flowscripts from
> the sitemap (thanks to Mark Lundquist for the patch).
> ParamSaxBuffer: can now output i18n tags to String.
> JSON Helper scripts in the Ajax Block.
> New sample in the Forms Block.
> Infrastructure to support new '_cocoon/system/[block-name]/**'
> system-level pipelines.

A quick rundown on the changes I have made to allow file upload
progress bars to work.

 From a previous set of commits, the CFormsForm Widget will now
submit forms via a hidden iFrame if it detects active file-type
fields in the form (by active I mean, not disabled and having been
populated with a file selection.). This has been tested on MSIE 6 and
Firefox. This is currently disabled on Safari as Dojo's IframeIO in
0.3.1 does not work in Safari release. It does work in recent Webkit
nightly builds however, so hopefully these fixes will migrate to
Safari soon.

There is one known outstanding issue with my changes to the CFormForm
Widget, it is currently unable to show you the server response on error.

The o.a.c.servlet.multipart.MultipartParser now writes real-time
status info to the User's Session if it exists. This assumes that
only one concurrent form-submit with uploads per Session will be
happening at any time. I though this was a fair assumption to make,
but I may have been wrong .....

The o.a.c.components.flow.javascript.fom.FOM_JavaScriptInterpreter is
now able to call flowscript functions from the Sitemap when those
functions are written in a namespaced style. IMHO we should encourage
the use of namespaced flowscript to partition the functions better.

I have introduced two extendable namespaces in our FlowScript :
System.JSON and System.Upload (both in the Ajax block). System.JSON
contains functions to serialize Maps, Collections etc. into JSON
objects.

The o.a.c.xml.ParamSaxBuffer can now output i18n Messages to String
(without tags), so that content being sent via JSON may be
internationalised.

I have added Sitemap support for "system pipelines" into the top-
level sitemap, similar to the support for system-level resources. Any
Block could publish system pipelines. The url pattern is : /_cocoon/
system/[blockname]/**. To provide a system pipeline, the Block needs
to have a sitemap at : src/blocks/[blockname]/resources/org/apache/
cocoon/[blockname]/system/sitemap.xmap. The content is compiled into
the Block's Jar. This can be overridden the same way that system
resources can.

There is a new sample in the forms samples, an upload repeater with
progress bar.

There is a new Dojo Widget : cocoon.ajax.FormUploadProgress, please
see the sample for examples of how to use it in your own projects.

I have tested all of this code as much as I can, but I do not have
access to all browsers on a regular basis, so please, test test
test !!!!

Next, add all of this to trunk !!!!

Thanks to all of you who helped me get this done :-)

best regards

Jeremy

Posted by Jeremy Quinn <je...@apache.org>.
On 20 Nov 2006, at 14:25, Jeremy Quinn wrote:

> On 20 Nov 2006, at 12:25, jeremy@apache.org wrote:

>> Log:
>> A progress bar widget for file-upload fields + support:
>> MultipartParser: writes real-time upload status to the user's
>> Session.
>> FOM_JavaScriptInterpreter: can now call namespaced Flowscripts
>> from the sitemap (thanks to Mark Lundquist for the patch).
>> ParamSaxBuffer: can now output i18n tags to String.
>> JSON Helper scripts in the Ajax Block.
>> New sample in the Forms Block.
>> Infrastructure to support new '_cocoon/system/[block-name]/**'
>> system-level pipelines.
>
> A quick rundown on the changes I have made to allow file upload
> progress bars to work.

And one more thing (not that I want to sound like Steve Jobs or
anything ;)

There is a new i18n dictionary for Ajax in :
src/blocks/ajax/resources/org/apache/cocoon/ajax/system/i18n/
messages.xml

This contains a few keys used by the Progress Bar.

ATM there are only default English keys, those of you who speak
another language, please take the time to add translations.

Many thanks

regards Jeremy