Posted to regexp-user@jakarta.apache.org by "Daniel F. Savarese" <df...@savarese.org> on 2001/09/20 18:23:31 UTC

JDK 1.4 java.util.regex comments

The folks working on JSR-051 have asked us for feedback about the
java.util.regex package.  I have yet to find the time to write up my
comments, but if some of us can get back to them before the Community
Review period expires (Oct 8), there's a chance java.util.regex may
see some improvements.  The JSR-51 URL is http://www.jcp.org/jsr/detail/51.jsp,
comments can be sent to jsr-51-comments@jcp.org (indicate your affiliation
with Jakarta if applicable).  The latest version of the java.util.regex
package is pretty much what's in JDK 1.4 beta2 at http://java.sun.com/j2se/
If you don't want to download the JDK, the package docs are at:
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4/docs/api/java/util/regex/package-summary.html

daniel