Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by David Wheeler <da...@kineticode.com> on 2004/10/05 00:04:59 UTC

ANNOUNCE: SVN::Notify 2.00

I'm pleased to announce the release of SVN::Notify 2.00. This Perl
module, along with the accompanying svnnotify script, is a port of my
activitymail CVS notification script. It has a great many improvements
over the old CVS script, however (much of it due to improvements in
commit hooks in Subversion--thanks!), as well as a few new features.

Read my notes on SVN::Notify here:

http://www.justatheory.com/computers/programming/perl/
svnnotify_2.0.html

And you can download it from CPAN now.

   http://search.cpan.org/dist/SVN-Notify/

For those who are unfamiliar with activitymail, SVN::Notify differs
from most other Subversion transaction emailers in a few simple ways:

* Diffs can be attached to the outgoing message.
* The subject line is composed from the first sentence of the log
message
* HTML emails can be sent
* Links to ViewCVS URLs can be added for every affected file.

Enjoy!

David