Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Taylor, Jeremy" <jt...@lehman.com> on 2000/10/18 15:27:32 UTC

ejbc with Ant1.2

Since the ejbc task was changed to run the weblogic.ejbc task in the ant VM
I have been having trouble
with making my EJBs. The DDCreator is still a forked java call and this
still works OK.

I can only get ejbc to work if I include the compiled classes in the
classpath I use to run ANT. This
is very undesirable because I have one script that makes multiple projects
and I cannot predict where
the classes are before I start ANT!

Can we either have the old forked behaviour back so that weblogic.ejbc runs
under the classpath attribute
set in the script rather than the classpath used to start ant?

Alternatively could someone tell me how to make this work in 1.2?

Re: ejbc with Ant1.2

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@bost.de>.

 CM> I am considering reverting these to the forking version

Conor, you know I have not the slightest idea what ejbc is doing 8-),
but ...

Can you make this an attribute (fork="true|false") like in <java> or
<junit>? This would allow people having problems with the custom
classloader to fall back to the fork="true" version while keeping the
benefit of in VM execution for the others.

Stefan

RE: ejbc with Ant1.2

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@ebinteractive.com.au>.
Jeremy,

I am considering reverting these to the forking version as I have had
reports from one or two other people about problems. The fact that the ejbc
compiler (and the RMI compiler) load classes can cause classloader
interactions. The benefit of running ejbc within the VM is probably not
worth the risk of these interactions occurring.

Can you tell me how ejbc is failing for under the 1.2rc version?

Cheers
Conor

--
Conor MacNeill