Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Kerstin Buth <bu...@disy.net> on 2002/06/28 14:31:59 UTC

SystemOutLogger, no configuration possibility

Hi,

I am missing the feature of setting parameters like directory etc
to SystemOutLogger and SystemErrorLogger.

What would you think if I will add this feature?

Bye
Kerstin

Re: SystemOutLogger, no configuration possibility

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Fri, 28 Jun 2002, Kerstin Buth wrote:

> Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 14:31:59 +0200
> From: Kerstin Buth <bu...@disy.net>
> To: tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: SystemOutLogger, no configuration possibility
>
> Hi,
>
> I am missing the feature of setting parameters like directory etc
> to SystemOutLogger and SystemErrorLogger.
>
> What would you think if I will add this feature?

I think you should use FileLogger instead :-).  SystemOutLogger and
SystemErrLogger, as their names imply, send output to whatever you have
set System.out and System.err to point at.

> Bye
> Kerstin

Craig