Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Bob Cronin <bc...@parker.com> on 1997/09/24 23:30:02 UTC

mod_mime/1164: PR 96: mime type for .xls does not come across correctly, all other no problem.

>Number:         1164
>Category:       mod_mime
>Synopsis:       PR 96: mime type for .xls does not come across correctly, all other no problem.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
All attempts to load and excel spreadsheet in Microsoft IE 3.02 or Netscape (latest released) cause errors on the browsers (only type .xls) Ref: PR 96. If the file is ftp'd from AIX to a PC and then access from the browser it works fine.
>How-To-Repeat:
I can provide an xls file to any email address and you can try it out.
>Fix:
I've tried various mime type variations without any success