Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Meir Rotstein <me...@rotstein.co.il> on 2012/07/05 13:41:55 UTC

Getting started with James server dev

Hello,

I'm trying to build and debug the James server v3 beta code.
I started with this guide <http://james.apache.org/server/3/dev-build.html> and
eventually managed to import and build the code, however the projects are
not exactly as described in the guide. for instance, I cannot find the
'context' folder as described in the 'Prepare projects' section,
also don't have the 'spring-deployment' project that should be the
'executer' of the server..

Did I missed something? Does anyone deal with that lately?

Any assistance would be highly appreciated.

Meir,

Re: Getting started with James server dev

Posted by Ioan Eugen Stan <st...@gmail.com>.
Hello Meir,

Things have changed a bit. Now we use James App project that depends
on all components and binds them together  with a proper configuration
to form James Server that you can deploy and run on a production
server.

If you look at the James App [1] you'll see mostly configs and a
single class that creates the Spring context.

I hope this helps. A docs update is highly appreciated :).

Cheers,

[1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/app/trunk/

--
Ioan Eugen Stan / CTO / http://axemblr.com