Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org> on 2007/07/23 18:04:02 UTC

[VOTE] Community Process and Roles

As part of the incubator process, the Felix project defined a set of
community roles and processes to explain how participation in the Felix
project works. This document needs to be updated now that Felix has
graduated from the incubator. The following is the updated document:

http://cwiki.apache.org/FELIX/apache-felix-community-roles-and-processes.html

For the most part, the document is the same as before, but the incubator
references are removed and some points are clarified further. Please
vote on accepting this document:

[ ] +1 - Accept community process and roles document.
[ ] 0 - Don't care.
[ ] -1 - Reject community process and roles document.

[RESULT] Re: [VOTE] Community Process and Roles

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
This vote on the community process and roles is long over due to be
called; the votes were:

    * +1 votes from Richard S. Hall, Emil Ivov, Stuart McCulloch, Niclas
      Hedhman, Karl Pauls, Alex Karasulu, Didier Donsez, Carsten
      Ziegeler, Marcel Offermans.
    * 0 votes from no one.
    * -1 votes from no one.

The vote has passed. Thanks to those who have participated.

-> richard

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
[X] +1 - Accept community process and roles document.

Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Community Process and Roles

Posted by Stuart McCulloch <st...@jayway.net>.
+1

--
Cheers, Stuart

Posted by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl>.
+1

RE: [VOTE] Community Process and Roles

Posted by Didier Donsez <di...@imag.fr>.
+1

Didier

--

Ascert - Taking systems to the Edge
robw@ascert.com

Re: [VOTE] Community Process and Roles

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Karl Pauls
karlpauls@gmail.com

RE: [VOTE] Community Process and Roles

Posted by Clement Escoffier <cl...@gmail.com>.
+1

Clement

Posted by Rob Walker <ro...@ascert.com>.
+1

... or just consider me as having "lazy consensus"

- Rob

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> On Tuesday 24 July 2007 00:04, Richard S. Hall wrote:
>
>> For the most part, the document is the same as before, but the incubator
>> references are removed and some points are clarified further. Please
>> vote on accepting this document:
>>

> [x] +1 - Accept community process and roles document.
> [ ] 0 - Don't care.
> [ ] -1 - Reject community process and roles document.
>
> I would even claim that that page is a "Guidelines" page, and voting is not
> truly necessary. These are typical "lazy consensus" stuff. "Hey, I made the
> following changes (see commit r656523243342). WDYT?"
>
> I have noticed that a lot of new projects in Apache, use voting more than was
> originally intended. The "lazy consensus" concept is slowly fading
> away... :o(

I agree that lazy consensus should be used more too; however, this
document actually defines how we operate so I don't think it should be
decided by laziness. :-)

> Btw, Good Work & Progress on the website! It will be important in the long run
> to make it solid...

Thanks.

-> richard

Re: [VOTE] Community Process and Roles

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Tuesday 24 July 2007 00:04, Richard S. Hall wrote:
> For the most part, the document is the same as before, but the incubator
> references are removed and some points are clarified further. Please
> vote on accepting this document:

[x] +1 - Accept community process and roles document.
[ ] 0 - Don't care.
[ ] -1 - Reject community process and roles document.

I would even claim that that page is a "Guidelines" page, and voting is not
truly necessary. These are typical "lazy consensus" stuff. "Hey, I made the
following changes (see commit r656523243342). WDYT?"

I have noticed that a lot of new projects in Apache, use voting more than was
originally intended. The "lazy consensus" concept is slowly fading
away... :o(

Btw, Good Work & Progress on the website! It will be important in the long run
to make it solid...

Cheers
Niclas

Re: [VOTE] Community Process and Roles