Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by mohamed ramzy <m_...@yahoo.com> on 2000/09/26 17:47:00 UTC

esql Small Problem!!!!

hi
i've faced a problem in esql which is:
i've writen the following xml file

<xsp:page language="java"
xmlns:esql="http://www.apache.org/cocoon/SQL/v2"
xmlns:xsp="http://www.apache.org/1999/XSP/Core">
<tst>

<esql:execute-query>
<esql:driver>org.postgresql.Driver</esql:driver>
<esql:dburl>jdbc:postgresql://localhost/mrz</esql:dburl>
<esql:username>mrz</esql:username>
<esql:password>mrz</esql:password>
<esql:query>select * from usr</esql:query>
<esql:results>
<id><esql:get-string column="id"/></id>
<fname><esql:get-string column="fname"/></fname>
<lname><esql:get-string column="lname"/></lname>
<bgcolr><esql:get-string column="bgcolr"/></bgcolr>
</esql:results>
</esql:execute-query>

</tst>
</xsp:page>

then i had an error message

Null Pointer Exception

would anyone could help me to solve this problem, by
the way i've tried the Driver and the psql itself by
writing a java class and it worked ok...so i don't
know what can i do with this problem in cocoon...

Thanx in Advance

=====
Mohamed Ramzy Zakaria, Graduate Research student
School of Computer Science & Information Technology
Jubilee Campus, Nottingham University
Nottingham, UK
TEL: 00 44 (0)115 84 66529
MOB: 00 44 (0)7947105251
MOB E-MAIL: m_ramzy@quios.com

http://im.yahoo.com/

Re: esql Small Problem!!!!

Posted by OD <od...@feersumendjinns.com>.
Sorry have to check... Have you got

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<?cocoon-process type="xsp"?>
<?xml-logicsheet
href="resource://org/apache/cocoon/processor/xsp/library/sql/esql.xsl"?>

at the start of the .xml page?

Corey O'Donovan

Re: Errors in namespaces (was: Re: esql Small Problem!!!!)

Posted by Kevin Sonney <ke...@webslingerz.com>.
On Tue, 26 Sep 2000, Marco Pauck wrote:
> BTW: Few days ago, I spent some (well, far too much) time finding
> a typo in a namespace URI (one 'o' too many in 'cocoon' ;-)

<sarcasm>
Oh, I've never done *THAT*
</sarcasm>

In my case, it was a typo in the wrong spot that read something as http::/
instead of http://

> It would have been helpful to get an error or at least warning
> in this case. Would this be a job for Cocoon? Or Xerces/Xalan?
> And is it this what's listed under 'wishes' on the TODO page?

Actually, this would be rather nice - something that says "Hey, this
namespace isn't any good!" durring the XSP processing...

| Kevin Sonney        kevin@webslingerZ.com |
| Systems Programmer    www.webslingerZ.com |

Errors in namespaces (was: Re: esql Small Problem!!!!)

Posted by Marco Pauck <pa...@wmd.de>.
> > i've faced a problem in esql which is:
> > i've writen the following xml file
> >
> > <xsp:page language="java"
> > xmlns:esql="http://www.apache.org/cocoon/SQL/v2"
>
> that's the wrong namespace URI. sorry, trying to become consistent with
> the cocoon2 namespace URIs.

BTW: Few days ago, I spent some (well, far too much) time finding
a typo in a namespace URI (one 'o' too many in 'cocoon' ;-)

It would have been helpful to get an error or at least warning
in this case. Would this be a job for Cocoon? Or Xerces/Xalan?
And is it this what's listed under 'wishes' on the TODO page?

	Marco

Re: esql Small Problem!!!!

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Tue, 26 Sep 2000, mohamed ramzy wrote:

> hi
> i've faced a problem in esql which is:
> i've writen the following xml file
>
> <xsp:page language="java"
> xmlns:esql="http://www.apache.org/cocoon/SQL/v2"

that's the wrong namespace URI. sorry, trying to become consistent with
the cocoon2 namespace URIs.

- donald