Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ryan Clark <ry...@perspicuity.co.uk> on 2006/06/13 16:35:10 UTC

Example Balancer Rules and Information

Hi, I have deployed tomcat 5.0.28 (it has to be this version) and I need to configure it to redirect URLs sent to the ROOT to one of several webapps. I am using the balancer app as the ROOT application and I have been able to get the basic configuration working. (http://host1 redirects to http://host1/webapp1 and http://host2 redirects to http://host2/webapp2)

What I am looking for is to redirect urls such as http://hostname/dir/dir2 to http://hostname/webapp/dir/dir2 where dir2 is actually a variable which appears in the url as a directory and is handled by the webapp, so it cannot be hardcoded into the redirect. I have done some searching and I cannot find many examples of the rules that can be used for the standard balancer other than the 3 examples that come in the rules.xml.

Is what I am trying possible? I cannot use Apache in front of Tomcat as this causes further problems with the webapp. I would prefer not to do this via JSP if possible.

thanks
Ryan Clark
Senior Technical Consultant
Perspicuity Ltd
ryan.clark@perspicuity.co.uk

our prior permission is prohibited.

Internet communications are not always secure and therefore
PERSPICUITY LIMITED does not accept legal responsibility for this message or the content.

those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of PERSPICUITY LIMITED.

PERSPICUITY LIMITED UK, 2 Place Farm, Wheathampstead, Herts. AL4 8SB.
Registered in England & Wales No. 4365513