Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Adam Cécile <ac...@le-vert.net> on 2020/04/21 22:28:36 UTC

[users@httpd] Breaking fcgi change between 2.4.25 and 2.4.38 ?

Hello,

I just upgraded a Debian server and went into big troubles.

Current configuration uses docker running PHP FPM in different version
and usually have snippets like:

<FilesMatch "\.php$">
   SetHandler "proxy:fcgi://127.0.0.1:9004/"
</FilesMatch>

Inside fpm container, www folder is mounted at the same place as on the
host FS.

It works just fine with Apache 2.4.25 from Debian Stretch but with
2.4.38 from Debian Buster all I get is 404 white page, which if I
understood correctly means the .php file has not been found.

Rolling back apache2 package to 2.4.25 make websites work again immediately.

I guess the issue is somehow related to SCRIPT_FILENAME or some
environment variable not passed correctly to fpm through fcgi.

FPM is working as expect, as it's working perfectly fine with older
httpd and I also confirmed it is working by running:

SCRIPT_FILENAME=/var/www/vhosts/host1/test.php REQUEST_METHOD=GET
cgi-fcgi -bind -connect 127.0.0.1:9004

Changing SCRIPT_FILENAME to someting incorrect produce the same 404
error so I really think this is related.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Regards, Adam.