Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by "kcheng.mvp" <kc...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/07 10:46:36 UTC

Re: DiscoverySpi based on Apache ZooKeeper

There is a section in the document
https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/cluster-config#zookeeper-based-discovery.

but I found below two tickets.

I am a bit confused about which version supports this feature.

mean while I found there are 3 open issues in this wiki page.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Discovery+SPI+by+ZooKeeper

Re: DiscoverySpi based on Apache ZooKeeper

Posted by Sergey Chugunov <se...@gmail.com>.
Hello Ken,

Indeed tickets and documentation are confusing so let me clarify what they
are about.

Documentation at [1] and ticket IGNITE-1203 [2] are related to
*TcpDiscoverySpi* component (see javadoc for in at [3]).
More precisely they are about Zookeeper-based implementation of
subcomponent called IpFinder which helps TcpDiscoverySpi to locate nodes of
Ignite cluster.

Ticket IGNITE-7222 [4] is about new implementation of *DiscoverySpi*
interface (see [5]) based on Zookeeper. Most likely it will be released in
Ignite 2.5.

As per proposal page [6] it seems there is some mess with labels in JIRA
because tickets listed on the page look unrelated to it.
I'll try to fix the page so in won't confuse people.

[1] https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/cluster-config#
zookeeper-based-discovery
[3]
https://ignite.apache.org/releases/latest/javadoc/org/apache/ignite/spi/discovery/tcp/TcpDiscoverySpi.html