Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Mikael Ståldal <mi...@appearnetworks.com> on 2014/09/04 18:03:27 UTC

Log4j 2.x Web app initialization logging

Log4jServletContainerInitializer, Log4jServletContextListener,
Log4jServletFilter and Log4jWebInitializerImpl log some stuff using
ServletContext.log() at startup and shutdown.

Why? I find this logging noisy when done when everything works fine.

--
Mikael Ståldal
Chief Software Architect

Re: Log4j 2.x Web app initialization logging

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.
Perhaps we should log to StatusLogger rather than to ServletContext.log()?
I mean, we even have an appender that goes to the ServletContext log, so it
might be a better idea to just use the StatusLogger as usual (unless an
error occurs?).

--
Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>

Re: Log4j 2.x Web app initialization logging

Posted by Mikael Ståldal <mi...@appearnetworks.com>.
Nice.

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.
I've fixed this in the master branch.

On 4 September 2014 11:24, Mikael Ståldal <mikael.staldal@appearnetworks.com

Posted by Mikael Ståldal <mi...@appearnetworks.com>.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mikael Ståldal <mi...@appearnetworks.com>.
I see this line in the source code for version 2.0.2 (line 36):

        this.servletContext.log("Log4jServletContextListener ensuring that
Log4j starts up properly.");

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.