Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by "Michael J. Hudson" <mh...@blueprinttech.com> on 2001/05/10 00:46:11 UTC

Got Stateful Session Provider working!!!

Now, that's very cool stuff!!

Always got really weird errors when trying to ge the stateful session
bean provider stuff to work in Apache SOAP 2.1... namely, it kept
looking like it was trying to call the constructor of the EOImpl
class instead of the method I was designating.

I got the source code, compiled it... and did some bug tracking...
and walla... line 256 of StatefulEJBProvider.java originally says:

methodName = origCall.getMethodName();

It should be:

this.methodName = origCall.getMethodName();

Basically they were using the same variable name for a parameter passed
into the locate() method as the object's class variable.

In any case, after I made that fix... things started working like a
charm.  I can now call a stateful session bean and keep session state
between calls.  I looked at the XML to see exactly how SOAP did this...
and that was cool to.  To your namespace service (xmlns:ns1="service")
it appends an @ sign followed by a unique session ID that is unique
to your computer.  Then I assume on the SOAP server side it maps
that to the session bean you called.  Very very very nice!!!

So... basically... I found a bug... and I guess I should forward that
over to the actual Apache SOAP developers.  However, there on Apache's
Bugzilla web page... there is no SOAP product to send SOAP bugs to.
Any body on the SOAP developer list on this list?  Do you know what
to do?

Thanks,

Michael J. Hudson
Software/Framework Engineer
mhudson@blueprinttech.com

cell-phone: 703.362.8039
voice-mail: 703.827.0638 ext. 4786
fax: 703.734.0987

Blueprint Technologies
"Great software starts with great architecture"
http://www.blueprinttech.com