Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Christopher Blythe <cj...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/24 21:35:44 UTC

Ready to remove EJB 2.1 components from DayTrader 2.0 (trunk)

All,

I finally have all of the EJB 2.1 components pulled from trunk and have
converted DayTrader 2.0 over to be Java EE 5 only. I have functionally
tested as many of the operational modes and primitives that I can think of
and am ready to commit the changes.

Here is a high-level summary of the changes...

- Removed all EJB 2.1 entity and session beans
- Removed all information from the ejb-jar.xml file (annotations are
provided in all EJB/MDB classes)
- Updated pom.xml files to remove old dependencies and move to EE 5 specs
- Updated streamer client to use new EJB 3 session bean
- Add "-waitForMain" option to both app clients (workaround for
GERONIMO-3436)
- Updated plan files and moved all persistence options to persistence.xml

Just in case... I created a copy of trunk in branches/dt20_ejb21_ejb30 (for
those that desired an ear with both EJB 2.1 and 3.0 components). I'm not so
secretly hoping we can kill it off... and everyone will use DayTrader 1.2and
2.0 for making EJB 2.1 to 3.0 comparisons.

As a side note, it's amazing how little you need in the DDs and deployment
plans now. Actually, we could reduce the number of references in the
web.xmlDD as well if all of the resources needed by TradeDirect were
done within a
container managed object that supported annotation based resource lookups.

All for now... enjoy the splendor of Java EE 5!

Chris

Re: Ready to remove EJB 2.1 components from DayTrader 2.0 (trunk)

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.
w00t ... thanks Chris.