Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Decebal Suiu <de...@asf.ro> on 2013/12/13 09:28:32 UTC

Please remove the spam post from the wicket forum

Hi

Is it someone that can make a clean on the wicket forum? It is frustrating
to see a lot of spam posts (for example in start page only few posts are non
spam). For a new coming these spam posts create a bad impression.

Thanks,
Decebal

Re: Please remove the spam post from the wicket forum

Posted by Decebal Suiu <de...@asf.ro>.
Sorry, I talk about Mailling Lists [1]

[1] http://apache-wicket.1842946.n4.nabble.com/

Re: Please remove the spam post from the wicket forum

Posted by Jeremy Thomerson <je...@wickettraining.com>.
I'm checking with ASF infra to see if there is a way we can make that
happen.

On Thu, Jan 2, 2014 at 1:40 PM, Gabriel Landon <gl...@piti.pf> wrote:

> Can't the administrators blacklist/ban them? There are only 4 spammers
> spamming the nabble forum for a couple of weeks now...
> Is there a way to filter "not accepted yet" post? I haven't found the
> option
> if it exists!

Jeremy Thomerson
http://wickettraining.com

Re: Please remove the spam post from the wicket forum

Posted by Sven Meier <sv...@meiers.net>.
I think so, yes.

Sven

>>> http://apache-wicket.1842946.n4.nabble.com/green-type-

Posted by Jeremy Thomerson <je...@wickettraining.com>.
Are you saying that the spammers actually used the Nabble forum to post the
message?

On Tue, Dec 31, 2013 at 9:54 AM, Sven Meier <sv...@meiers.net> wrote:

> Nabble displays a 'not accepted yet' as long as it didn't receive the post
> from the list.
>
> For users (spammers) not subscribed to our mailing list, this means
> 'forever'.
>
> Sven
>

> On 12/31/2013 03:50 PM, Jeremy Thomerson wrote:
>
>> The weird thing is that if you click on one of those posts it says that
>> the
>> message has not been accepted by the mailing list yet. Is it possible that
>> Nabble is subscribed as a moderator of our list and gets the moderation
>> messages? See [1] for example.
>>
>> [1]
>> http://apache-wicket.1842946.n4.nabble.com/green-type-
>> grinding-machine-has-ushered-in-our-lives-td4663338.html
>>

>> On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 3:43 AM, Martin Grigorov <mgrigorov@apache.org
>> >wrote:
>>
>>  It seems only Nabble users see these messages.
>>> I am subscribed to the mailing list and I don't receive them.
>>>
>>> I know that Martijn and Jeremy moderate the list but I'm not sure how
>>> Nabble got spammed.
>>>

>>> On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 10:40 AM, Decebal Suiu <de...@asf.ro>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>>  Or it's a possibility to filter these spam posts? How do you read these

Jeremy Thomerson
http://wickettraining.com

Re: Please remove the spam post from the wicket forum

Posted by Sven Meier <sv...@meiers.net>.

Posted by Jeremy Thomerson <je...@wickettraining.com>.
The weird thing is that if you click on one of those posts it says that the
message has not been accepted by the mailing list yet. Is it possible that
Nabble is subscribed as a moderator of our list and gets the moderation
messages? See [1] for example.

[1]
http://apache-wicket.1842946.n4.nabble.com/green-type-grinding-machine-has-ushered-in-our-lives-td4663338.html

On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 3:43 AM, Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>wrote:

> It seems only Nabble users see these messages.
> I am subscribed to the mailing list and I don't receive them.
>
> I know that Martijn and Jeremy moderate the list but I'm not sure how
> Nabble got spammed.
>

> On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 10:40 AM, Decebal Suiu <de...@asf.ro>
> wrote:
>
> > Or it's a possibility to filter these spam posts? How do you read these
> > mailling posts?
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Decebal
> >

> > --

Jeremy Thomerson
http://wickettraining.com

Re: Please remove the spam post from the wicket forum

Posted by Decebal Suiu <de...@asf.ro>.
Thanks Martin

Re: Please remove the spam post from the wicket forum

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Which forum you mean ?

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
I've gone back on the wicket-stuff forums till 2011 or so and removed
most spam, also on the users@ forum and removed everything I could
spot as spam.

It appears that spammers have solved the nabble registration form in
2013 and caused a flood of spam...

Martijn

Re: Rationale for Converting to AngularJS/Spring MVC

Posted by Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <re...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Fri, Jan 3, 2014 at 10:11 PM, Richard W. Adams <RW...@up.com> wrote:

> As to "How was it difficult?" Don't know. Nothing official came out. I'm
> so low on the food chain I don't have many details. All I know is what
> leaks out through the grapevine.

Good luck then: in the worse case you will learn new technologies and gain
experience on technologies that start to be "hot"

Re: Rationale for Converting to AngularJS/Spring MVC

Posted by "Richard W. Adams" <RW...@UP.COM>.
As to "How was it difficult?" Don't know. Nothing official came out. I'm
so low on the food chain I don't have many details. All I know is what
leaks out through the grapevine.

In any case, whether the new frameworks will be better worse. I have no
influence over what course the corporation takes. The high level
architects & budgeteers have already decided our course, apparently.

From:   Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <re...@gmail.com>
To:     users@wicket.apache.org
Date:   01/03/2014 12:59 PM
Subject:        Re: Rationale for Converting to AngularJS/Spring MVC

Hi,

On Fri, Jan 3, 2014 at 6:12 PM, Richard W. Adams <RW...@up.com> wrote:

> I don't have first hand knowledge of the decision making process, but I
> understand there were two main factors:
>
> 1.  Difficulty in changing/maintaining the intermediate corporate
> libraries, especially when considering whether to make the leap from
> Wicket 1.4.17 to 6.x.

How was it difficult?

> 2. A perception of excessive cost in training new developers to use
> Wicket. I myself am fairly comfortable with Wicket now (after 2 years
> experience), but have to admit  the leaning curve was pretty steep.

IMHO this is not going to improve with Angular.SJ+  Spring MVC: its is
going to be worse.

1-With wicket you might hire a very good wicket developer that creates the
components / widgets you need and the rest of the team just use those
components and be "shielded" form JavaScript and mostly just do "server
side". With Angular you will need more developers covering the whole stack
(sever side and client side).
2-You can also reuse code at a maximum and if you have a lot of
applications/similar screen you can roll out  "meta components" covering
those use cases... Not sure you will be able to achieve the same so easily
with Angular.JS + Spring MVC.

As I mentioned before I was working last three weeks with an application
built with Backbone.JS (similar to Angular but less high level) +  Spring
MVC. All the "complexities" of this application would be mostly trivial
using wicket. One thing that stoke me the most if the non DRYNESS of
development: you change one thing at a place and you have to manually hunt
down in all layers how this trivial change will impact application.

**

This email and any attachments may contain information that is confidential and/or privileged for the sole use of the intended recipient.  Any use, review, disclosure, copying, distribution or reliance by others, and any forwarding of this email or its contents, without the express permission of the sender is strictly prohibited by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately, delete the e-mail and destroy all copies.
**

Re: Rationale for Converting to AngularJS/Spring MVC

Posted by Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <re...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <re...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 4:48 PM, Dan Simko <wi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I didn't read whole conversation but you don't need to choose between
> Wicket and AngularJS. We are using both technologies together and it works
> great. AngularJS has no global state so you can use many Angular ("island"

That's exactly what the demo mentioned does: it creates a page where all
logic/AJAX is done via Angular and Wicket page just acts as a script
generating the page.

> single page) apps in one Wicket page. For some use-cases is better Wicket

so you use Wicket and for some (not so many) is better Angular, so you

--
Regards - Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro

Re: Rationale for Converting to AngularJS/Spring MVC

Posted by Dan Simko <wi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Richard W. Adams" <RW...@UP.COM>.

From:   Paul Bors <pa...@bors.ws>
To:     "users@wicket.apache.org" <us...@wicket.apache.org>
Date:   01/03/2014 12:16 PM

> [...]

> completely
> productive. IMHO this will impact your productivity in a negative way.
The
> only "reason" I could see to make that move is if scalability is an
issue.

> Best regards,
>
> Ernesto
>

> **
>
> This email and any attachments may contain information that is
> confidential and/or privileged for the sole use of the intended
recipient.
>  Any use, review, disclosure, copying, distribution or reliance by
others,
> and any forwarding of this email or its contents, without the express
> permission of the sender is strictly prohibited by law.  If you are not
the
> intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately, delete the

**

Posted by Paul Bors <pa...@bors.ws>.

Posted by Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <re...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Fri, Jan 3, 2014 at 1:54 PM, Richard W. Adams <RW...@up.com> wrote:

> My corporation has decided to change its standard Web framework from
> Wicket to AngularJS/Spring MVCC (not my decision; was not asked for
> input). I am faced with the expensive prospect of having to convert a
> large app (runs on Jboss with about 250 Wicket/Web related classes).
>
> 1. Does anyone have experience in this kind of conversion, or know of Web
> resources that could provide insight into best practices?

I do not know about best practices... I just did some experiments on using
wicket + Angular JS in here

1-http://www.antiliasoft.com/wicket-angular-demo/
2-https://github.com/reiern70/antilia-bits/tree/master/wicket-angular-parent

> 2. My management is asking is if the conversion can be done incrementally
> (because we still have to support the existing app until it's retired). I
> interpret that to mean "Can an app have both Wicket & AngularJS/Spring MVC
> pages at the same time?" From what I've read so far, Spring MVC & Wicket
> can't coexist in the same app. (Though I'm hoping I'm wrong!)

AFAIK Angular applications are single page WEB applications... Where all is
fetched on one go and from there on Angular will take over to simulate
navigation and so on... Sever side is just providing this initial load +
RESTFUL WEB services to manage data. I do not see any reason why this
cannot be done incrementally: i.e. porting some parts of the application. I
also do not see a reason for Spring MVC and Wicket not been able to
coexist.

Posted by Andrea Del Bene <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I don't have a direct experience migrating a Wicket app to a
AngularJS/Spring MVCC, but in my current project we have a Wicket
application with a Spring MVC part for REST APIs. We are using to
different servlet filters, one for the Wicket part and one for Spring
MVC. In this way you can use both the two frameworks, but I don't know
how you could make them "communicate" (i.e. Wicket pages with Spring
controllers).
I guess you want to create some kind of REST application with Spring MVC
with Angualr on client side to invoke REST APIs...the best solution
would be to continue using Wicket :-) and to implement REST APIs with
the WicketStuff module for REST applications
(https://github.com/wicketstuff/core/tree/master/jdk-1.6-parent/wicketstuff-restannotations-parent).

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gabriel Landon <gl...@piti.pf>.
Yes to would be nice to get rid of all those spam on Nabble!