Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org> on 2019/07/30 22:50:40 UTC

Re: Ignite 2.7.0: unresponsive: Found long running cache future -

Igniters,

Does this remind you any long-running transaction, starvation or deadlock?
It's not obvious from the attached files what caused the issue. Mahesh
please share all the logs from all the nodes and apps for analysis.

-
Denis

Posted by Loredana Radulescu Ivanoff <lr...@tibco.com>.
Hello,

I have recently encountered this "long-running cache future" message while
doing stress tests on Ignite (we run it embedded inside an application
server). I put CPU pressure on two out of four nodes using stress-ng, that
rendered the two nodes irresponsive for the duration of the test, and then
one of the other two "healthy" nodes started logging the "long running
future" message.

In my opinion, it could be related to a cache operation that cannot
complete due to another node(nodes?) that do not respond in time. I hope
that helps a little.

Posted by Mahesh Renduchintala <ma...@aline-consulting.com>.
Denis,

It is quite difficult to capture all clients logs from our production environment.

I gave you the server log.

I can devise a better test if you can say explain this error?

What does "long running cache futures" mean?

regards
mahesh

Re: Ignite 2.7.0: unresponsive: Found long running cache future -