Posted to fx-dev@ws.apache.org by Enric Jaen <en...@yahoo.es> on 2007/05/14 02:19:42 UTC

Cannot find key for alias: 01000000 (solved)

Hi,

When trying to run the provided sample application
with Encryption, I faced the same problem as in:
http://marc.info/?l=wss4j-dev&m=115375944816441&w=2

I managed to find a solution, which you may find
useful:

Just change the following line of code in the method:
EncryptedKeyProcessor.handleEncryptedKey(..)

alias = crypto.getAliasForX509Cert(certs[0]);

for this one:
alias =
crypto.getAliasForX509Cert(certs[0].getIssuerDN().toString());

And it will retrieve the correct alias.
In may opinion, the method
java.security.KeyStore.getCertificateAlias(cert) is
buggy as it returns the wrong alias 01000000.

Hope it helps.
/Enric