Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by "Chandran, Sathish" <Sa...@Honeywell.com> on 2008/02/15 07:59:40 UTC

specifying Hadoop disk space

Hi all,

Can you help me out the following?

Normally Hadoop takes the free disk spaces available from the machine.
But I want to specify only the particular partition or a directory to be
used by the Hadoop DFS.

Say, I want the partition /dev/hda4 for Hadoop storage purposes (or)
/archive directory for its storage.

Any such help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

Regards|Sathish |

RE: specifying Hadoop disk space

Posted by "Chandran, Sathish" <Sa...@Honeywell.com>.