Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Eric Miles <er...@kronos.com> on 2007/04/16 15:56:15 UTC

maven site question, use of menu ref="parent"

I am trying to create a site for my project that has modules.  The
creation of the modules menu in the parent's site page seems to work
fine and it includes all my parent's modules' links.  However I can not
get the link back to the parent's site into my modules' sites.  I have
no other information for my site other than the site descriptors (no
included apt files, etc).  Here is my parent descriptor and a module
descriptor:

parent:
<project name="parentproj">
	<bannerRight>
		<name>MyCompany</name>
		<src>http://www.mycompany.com/img/logo.gif</src>
		<href>http://www.mycompany.com/</href>
	</bannerRight>
		<links>
			<item name="Maven" href="http://maven.apache.org/" />
		</links>

		<menu ref="modules" />
		<menu ref="reports" />
</project>

module:
<project name="module1">
	<bannerRight>
		<name>MyCompany</name>
		<src>http://www.mycompany.com/img/logo.gif</src>
		<href>http://www.mycompany.com/</href>
	</bannerRight>
		<links>
			<item name="Maven" href="http://maven.apache.org/" />
		</links>

		<menu ref="parent" />
		<menu ref="reports" />
</project>

Am I missing something here?  I know my module descriptor is working
appropriately; when I make alterations to its site.xml the changes are
represented in the site that is generated.  Thanks for any help.

Eric