Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Greg Lappen <gr...@lapcominc.com> on 2004/12/17 01:46:14 UTC

problem using script specification

I am in the process of writing a script specification for my project
and having some trouble getting the script to be loaded.  I keep
getting this error:

org.apache.tapestry.util.xml.DocumentParseException
Unable to find resource
context:/eric/lib/tapestry/ConditionallyDisable.script.

The script file is in my WEB-INF/classes dir:

[greg@localhost classes]$ pwd
/XXXXXX/webapp/WEB-INF/classes
[greg@localhost classes]$ find . -name '*.script'
./eric/lib/tapestry/ConditionallyDisable.script
[greg@localhost classes]$

Finally, here is how I declared the Script component in my .page file:

<component id="script" type="Script">
         <static-binding name="script"
value="/eric/lib/tapestry/ConditionallyDisable.script"/>
         <binding name="controllingComponent"
expression="components.position"/>
         <static-binding name="controllingValue" value="Newsletter
(120x600)"/>
         <binding name="controlledComponent"
expression="components.maxViews"/>
</component>

Forgive the goofy package names, it predates my involvment with the
project.  Anyway, have I done something wrong here?

Thanks,

Greg

Re: problem using script specification

Posted by Greg Lappen <gr...@lapcominc.com>.
Yeah, the component documentation says the "script" parameter should be
the location on the classpath of the resource, but putting it under
WEB-INF and using the context path did the trick.  I now have a working
script specification, yahoo!

Greg

Posted by Danny Mandel <dm...@tolweb.org>.