Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Michael Leditschke <mi...@ammd.com.au> on 2002/05/08 13:17:22 UTC

mod_jk.dll broken with Apache 2.0.36 and Tomcat 3.3.1?

Hi. I am trying to get the above combination to
communicate on a W2K box using the mod_jk.dll shipped
with Tomcat 3.3.1.

With the dll in the modules directory and a
LoadModule directive added to the httpd.conf
file, Apache 2 complains that it can't find the dll.
I've checked for all the dumb things like typos,
file access privileges etc but it all looks ok.

I then installed Apache 1.3.24 and repeated the process.
It starts perfectly and connects to Tomcat without a
problem.

I note the following comment in the mod_so manual:

"Apache 1.3 modules cannot be directly used with
Apache 2.0 - the module must be modified to
dynamically load or compile into Apache 2.0."

Can anyone confirm is the mod_jk.dll with 3.3.1 has
been modified as per the above warning?

Has anyone got mod_jk.dll working with Apache2? If
so, is there any known issues with 2.0.36?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Regards
Michael

RE: mod_jk.dll broken with Apache 2.0.36 and Tomcat 3.3.1?

Posted by Michael Leditschke <mi...@ammd.com.au>.
Thanks for all the pointers. I do some reading and compiling.

Regards
Michael

Posted by "Tulan W. Hu" <tw...@lucent.com>.
You may also take a look at