Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Shivendra Singh <SS...@walmartlabs.com> on 2015/04/06 23:38:27 UTC

Start storm topology in Inactive mode

Hi,

How can we start a topology in deactivated state directly.
I know I can deploy the topology and then call the
storm deactivate topology-name,

but I don’t even want the topology to be activated unless instructed.

I saw something similar to it in flux:

-i,--inactive                Deploy the topology, but do not activate it

I don’t see similar command with:
storm help

Regards,
Shivendra

Re: Start storm topology in Inactive mode

Posted by Shivendra Singh <SS...@walmartlabs.com>.
Thanks Parth,
I will give it a shot.

Shivendra

From: Parth Brahmbhatt <pb...@hortonworks.com>>
Date: Monday, April 6, 2015 at 2:57 PM
To: "user@storm.apache.org<ma...@storm.apache.org>" <us...@storm.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: Start storm topology in Inactive mode

You can use this<https://github.com/apache/storm/blob/master/storm-core/src/jvm/backtype/storm/StormSubmitter.java#L172> API which allows to specify SubmitOptions. The SubmitOptions has a field called initiate_status which you should set to the desired state.

submitOptiosn.set_initial_status(TopologyInitialStatus.INACTIVE)

Thanks
Parth

On 4/6/15, 2:38 PM, "Shivendra Singh" <SS...@walmartlabs.com>> wrote:

Hi,

How can we start a topology in deactivated state directly.
I know I can deploy the topology and then call the
storm deactivate topology-name,

but I don’t even want the topology to be activated unless instructed.

I saw something similar to it in flux:

-i,--inactive                Deploy the topology, but do not activate it

I don’t see similar command with:
storm help

Regards,
Shivendra
TopologyInitialStatus

Re: Start storm topology in Inactive mode