Posted to c-users@xalan.apache.org by Bob Cowdery <Bo...@aprsmartlogik.com> on 2006/09/19 12:22:48 UTC

Express 2005 build problems

Hi

I know this has been brought up a number of times. I have downloaded the latest xalan src. Fixed the two things I am aware of, which are to turn off wchar_t as built in type and change the library back to xerces-c_2.lib from xerces-c_3.lib. I am trying to build just MsgCreator as I know that needs to execute to generate some files for the rest of the build. It compiles but I get a lot of link errors. This is the ICU enabled build and I pull in xerces and icu libraries.

There are a lot of these for different functions but all the same class.

ICUResHandler.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual class xercesc_2_7::InputSource * __thiscall xercesc_2_7::DefaultHandler::resolveEntity(unsigned short const * const,unsigned short const * const)" (?resolveEntity@DefaultHandler@xercesc_2_7@@UAEPAVInputSource@2@QBG0@Z)

Plus this:

SAX2Handler.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: static unsigned int __cdecl xercesc_2_7::XMLString::stringLen(unsigned short const * const)" (__imp_?stringLen@XMLString@xercesc_2_7@@SAIQBG@Z)

Quite a few dllimport. I have all dll's on my path that I know about:

1>MsgCreator.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: static unsigned short const * const xercesc_2_7::XMLUni::fgSAX2CoreNameSpacePrefixes" (__imp_?fgSAX2CoreNameSpacePrefixes@XMLUni@xercesc_2_7@@2QBGB)

Thanks
Bob

Re: Express 2005 build problems

Posted by David Bertoni <db...@apache.org>.
Bob Cowdery wrote:
 > I know this has been brought up a number of times. I have downloaded the
 > latest xalan src. Fixed the two things I am aware of, which are to turn
 > off wchar_t as built in type and change the library back to
 > xerces-c_2.lib from xerces-c_3.lib.

Well, you only do that if Xerces-C's project file is configured that way.

 > I am trying to build just MsgCreator as I know that needs to execute to
 > generate some files for the rest of the build. It compiles but I get a
 > lot of link errors. This is the ICU enabled build and I pull in xerces
 > and icu libraries.
 >
 > There are a lot of these for different functions but all the same class.
 >
 > ICUResHandler.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public:
 > virtual class xercesc_2_7::InputSource * __thiscall
 > xercesc_2_7::DefaultHandler::resolveEntity(unsigned short const *
 > const,unsigned short const * const)"
 > (?resolveEntity@DefaultHandler@xercesc_2_7@@UAEPAVInputSource@2@QBG0@Z)

Which looks like Xerces-C was built with wchar_t as a built-in type, which
conflicts the setting for Xalan-C.

Plus this:

 > SAX2Handler.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
 > "__declspec(dllimport) public: static unsigned int __cdecl
 > xercesc_2_7::XMLString::stringLen(unsigned short const * const)"
 > (__imp_?stringLen@XMLString@xercesc_2_7@@SAIQBG@Z)
 >
 > Quite a few dllimport. I have all dll's on my path that I know about:

 > 1>MsgCreator.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
 > "__declspec(dllimport) public: static unsigned short const * const
 > xercesc_2_7::XMLUni::fgSAX2CoreNameSpacePrefixes"
 > (__imp_?fgSAX2CoreNameSpacePrefixes@XMLUni@xercesc_2_7@@2QBGB)

These errors all indicate that Xerces-C was built with wchar_t as a
built-in type.  Make sure the ICU, Xerces-C, and Xalan-C all have the same
setting for wchar_t.

Dave