Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by priya sachan <pr...@nextbrick.com> on 2005/06/09 07:18:40 UTC

Problem with Layouts

Hi all,

I am new to Jetspeed2.. cam anybody please explain how to apply layouts in a
portlet.

Thanks in advance

Re: Problem with Layouts

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
priya sachan wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am new to Jetspeed2.. cam anybody please explain how to apply layouts in a
> portlet.
>
> Thanks in advance

You can package layouts and decorators as described here:

http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/portal-design.html
http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/layouts.html
http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/decorators.html

Then the jar files are dropped into the jetspeed deploy directory
/WEB-INF/deploy, where they are automatically deployed from.

An overview of the programming model available to layouts is described here:

http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/jpt.html

Granted the docs aren't complete yet but we are hoping to focus on
improved to documentation for the next milestone release